Monday, May 30, 2005

Mook-Badhir

I want one of these jackets. Please tell me someone acquired one for a disability history archive somewhere.

Edited to add: Looking into the story, I ran across this recent story also about Deaf culture in India. The movie it mentions, Black, is (believe it or not) a Bollywood treatment of... the Helen Keller/Annie Sullivan story, as explained here. Except it's set in the present. And the deaf-blind character is a gorgeous twentysomething (Rani Mukherjee). And her teacher is a sixty-something leading man (Amitabh Bachchan). And it's a musical (of course).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had the same idea and wrote to Jamil, the director of Sano asking for a photo in the meantime. I'm still awaiting a response.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.