Sunday, June 05, 2005

Disability history at the Berks

I spent the weekend at the Berkshire Conference of Women Historians, which happens every three years and happened about an hour's drive from me this go-round, at Scripps College in Claremont CA. Disability historians interested in gender were there in good numbers: at one table for the Saturday night barbecue, we had Susan Burch, Donna Ryan, Janice Brockley, Heather Munro Prescott, Cathy Kudlick, Martha Stoddard Holmes, Wendy Kline, and myself (apologies if I'm forgetting anyone). Didn't see any of their presentations (those who gave them--Susan Burch's panel was opposite the one I was chairing, for one excuse), but the talk around the lunch and dinner tables was invigorating.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.