Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Disability Blog Carnival #42 is up now!

[Image description: Logo features a black-and-white photo of an old institution or hospital, with tiny white-clad figures barely visible on the steps; the words "Disability Blog Carnival/Can't shut us up now" are superimposed in scrawly yellow text]

In Douglas Adams's Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, "42" is "the answer to life, the universe, and everything." In the series of Disability Blog Carnival editions, "42" is a breezy summer compilation from Greg at PittRehab, with crashing waves, wonderful dogs, cute kids, cruise ships, kayaks, a trip to Germany... and because this is real life, you'll also find heedless planning, frustrating airlines, staring campers and summer school. Ah, summer.

Next edition will be hosted by cherylberyl at Disaboom on August 14 (yes, a three-week stretch, no excuse not to post something, eh?). Still waiting to find out the theme--when I know, you'll know. Submit links by all the usual channels--the blogcarnival.com page, comments here or there, or just put the phrase "disability blog carnival" in your post, I usually find those too.

UPDATE: Cherylberyl says the theme will be "Adjectives." Hmmmm! That should be a theme anyone can work with. Can't wait to see what spins out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! And I actually, managed to send in a blog for the carnival (although I was late again). *smile* Seems to be a trend.

Actually, I was wondering if it would be possible to put Day In Washington on the list as a potential host for an upcoming Carnival? It looks like fun.

Best,
Day
www.DayInWashington.com

TOMAS said...

"just put the phrase "disability blog carnival" in your post" ...

I have disability blog, but the carnival looks like a dream. "crashing waves, wonderful dogs, cute kids, cruise ships, kayaks, a trip to Germany..." - the disabled has ... just his privacy and the comprehension of personal needlessness. I am one of the richest from all my destiny brothers - I have one more blog and lots of pictures here - unfortunately, they are like me - they all are ... In the medieval times I wouldn't write that, but the modern medicine enabled me to remain alive. What for?

Lon said...

I enjoy this carnival. Thanks for sharing it. I hope you will consider sharing a post with the AT blog carnival again as well. I will have to submit to this one for the next round...adjectives...I'll think on that one!