Access the special issue of the Disability Studies Quarterly guest edited by Deb Metzel and Mike Dorn FREE until the end of the year. http://www.dsq-sds.org/2004_summer_toc.html
After January 1, 2005, you will have to pay to subscribe through the Society for Disability Studies.
DSQ: Summer 2004 - Theme Issue: Disability and Geography II
Table of Contents:
- Introduction, Deborah Metzel and Michael L. Dorn
- Points of Entry: Disability and the Historical Geography of Immigration, Penny L. Richards
- Childhood Disability and Ability: (Dis)ableist Geographies of Mainstream Primary Schools, Louise Holt
- Income Assistance (the ODSP) and Disabled Women in
- Wayfinding With Visuo-Spatial Impairment from Stroke and Traumatic Brain Injury, Cathy L. Antonakos, Bruno J. Giordani and James A. Ashton-Miller
- Independent Living and Self-Determination of Women with Physical Disabilities in
- Learning Support for Disabled Students Undertaking Fieldwork and Related Activities, Cathleen McAnneny
- The Theatrical Landscape of Disability, Victoria Ann Lewis
An announcement to this effect was recently posted on the entrance page, http://www.dsq-sds.org “Disability Studies Quarterly (DSQ) will soon be a password-protected web site. This means that only Society for Disability Studies (SDS) members, all of whom have an automatic subscription to DSQ, will have access to the full text of the journal's articles after January 2005. If you would like to become a member of SDS to receive a subscription, visit the SDS membership page at:
Deb and I welcome your feedback.
Institute on Disabilities
423 Ritter Annex