Sunday, July 15, 2007

Scusi, dov'e l'ascensore, per piacere?

I've been traveling, without internet access--I'll resume blogging here shortly, especially since I've been tagged, and there's a new suspense-filled Disability Blog Carnival edition up at Retired Waif, but for now, an image from the Circumvesuviana train, taken between Naples and Sorrento last week....[Image description: close-up photo of a sign affixed to the wall above two train seats and a red railing, which reads "Riservato ai mutilati ed invalidi di guerra e del lavoro" in black capital letters. Rough translation: "Reserved for those mutilated or disabled in war or at work." Above the sign, there is a window, with some reflections noticeable, including my yellow blouse.]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha, that's funny. What if you were mutilated or disabled some other way? Is there another designated section for those?

Penny L. Richards said...

Not that I saw, Sara--and I wondered the same thing.

Kay Olson said...

And how many folks sit there and think to themselves: "Mutilated? It's just one damn unsightly scar."

Anonymous said...

Or in the words of the Black Knight, "'Tis but a scratch!"

(yes, Monty Python and the Holy Grail; yes, again; yes, I am a hopeless nerd; no, that is not a disability except socially)