Saturday, February 12, 2005

Disabled Poet/"PA Arts Council Grantee"/Internet Flyer/Other: J. Magill

Dear Mike:
I have written to you before about my activities as a person with multiple disabilities, a published poet, and a "PA Partners in the Arts Project Stream Grantee" (a division of the "PA Council on the
Arts").
It previously was my hope that there might be some interest generated in what I write, and under the circumstances that I do it, by Disability Studies Program. Anyway, I wanted to send you the Internet flyer that I am using to promote a multimedia CD (titled: "Poetic Visions & Animated Dreams") that is being done on my poetry/life.
I have always hoped that my poetry would lead to a better life for me, and I still firmly hold on to that dream.
My very best wishes to you.

Sincerely yours,

James Magill
25 Nottingham Road
Bloomsburg, PA 17815

James Magill's Home Page: http://hometown.aol.com/jwm2125

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to thank Dr. Mike Dorn, and Temple University, for posting the premiere showing of a multimedia CD (titled: "Poetic Visons & Animated Dreams.") on the "Disability Studies, Temple University Weblog." I have been working the CD since 1/1/05.
The CD is be to initially shown in Danville, PA on 2/18/05. Contact information is available from the "Box of Light Theatre" via e-mail: info@boxoflight.org, or via telephone: 570-271-1736.
Further, on 2/10/05 I was interviewed on Public Radio Station WVIA by Ericka Funke ("ArtScene") per my writing, a grant that I received from the "PA Council on the Arts," and my life in general.
Once agin, I wish to express my gratitude to Dr. Dorn, and Temple University for their kindness, help, and support.

James Magill
(e-mail: Jwm2125@aol.com)