Saturday, August 12, 2006

Gulp....it's official

Got the UCLA Extension's fall catalog yesterday--and there's me, listed on page 128, teaching Disability and Public Policy, a new course for Extension, starting September 28. (The course description isn't exactly as I'd write it--so I really hope nobody calling himself a "legal expert" enrolls!) Despite the gulp in the title above, I'm excited; it's been fun to plan the readings and guest speakers. But I'll still feel like it's all make-believe until minimum enrollment is met and the first session commences.

Oh, and there are required texts--not sure why that doesn't show on the listing. I'm setting Jacqueline Vaughn Switzer, Disabled Rights: American Disability Policy and the Fight for Equality (Georgetown University Press 2003), and Mary Johnson and Barrett Shaw, eds., To Ride the Public's Buses: The Fight that Built a Movement (Advocado Press 2001), plus an assembled reader.

No comments: